Thursday, 12 July 2007

nine to five

I had an enjoyable few days away in Edinburgh on a mad flat-hunting trip around the city to find a new abode for 'knit' for when she starts her course in September. I got totally caught up in her excitment/apprehension at moving to a completely new place that seems massive and overwhelming, and realised that maybe I should may think about embarking on something new somewhere new.

Although it was reasonably cheap weekend away, am still way over my new self-imposed budget. Accomodation was a ridiculously small amount of money as we stayed in a mixed dorm. Not as terrible as I thought it might be except for the last night when some shower-shy russians moved into our room. However, I failed to factor in the expense of food and drink thus I think i managed to spend about £200 all in.

I'm glad I went though as it offered some light relief it an existence which has seemingly become a work vesus sleep tug o' war. This week I've been attempting to fight fatigue as I drag my half-concious scrag of a body into work for 7.30am each morning in order to give me more time to tackle the paper mountain. I think I am fighting a losing battle. I've barely been getting home before 7 or 8 o'clock at night as I've been going to ice-skating lessons et al straight from work. I've been communicating with my housemate through notes and texts which is crap as I'd rather be able to have a chat in person.

Rubbish...

No comments: