Wednesday, 7 November 2007

losing face

There's nothing worse that having unhappy times at work (see previous post) except the situation I found myself on Monday.

After the weekend from hell trying to get my head around this piece of work but failing due to feeling useless, uninspired and scared. It brought back that awful 'not done my homework' feeling and it meant missing out on going to a meal at Carluccios with my lovely boyfriend (who proved his loveliness by bringing back unexpected food gifts for me to take for my lunch).


I tried to bury it but nothing could suppress the fear I felt about facing the music when I got into work. I had a 1:1 scheduled with my boss at 1pm and every minute that ticked by seemed like I was waiting for the walk down to the execution chamber. When I finally got in there, I was a bit of a wreck but I thought I could just about hold it together but then she started questioning me about this piece of work asking for my opinion on how I did and why I'd missed some of the points she'd asked me to include and I cracked, and started to blub. I told her all of the problems i was finding (see previous post) and she was pretty good about it. Have a feeling some things may get better but on the whole it will stay the same.

2 comments:

TheMightyDing said...

You poor sausage! No-one should have to endure that kind of pressure at work, and it seems your work-place is truly unorganised if you are having to take work home on a regular basis. Don't be embarrassed, just take it as inspiration for finding something new and better...

oh crapola said...

thanks lovely, had a bit of meltdown on monday when i had to go to an event that was completely pointless and had shed loads of work back at office.

things are much clearer now, i've found several jobs to apply for and have even started filling in some applications (a step forward for me!)