As the title of this post suggest I've not been having the best week. I think it may be a case of life imitating art (I'm reading the series of books by Lemony Snicket).
However, unlike the children in the story, my house has not been burnt down in a fire, I don't have a sinister failed-actor chasing me for my inheritance and I've never been pushed down an elevator shaft.
But, in the comparison to an average person's working week, it's gone a bit Frank Spencer.
First off, I managed to misplace some application forms which caused a lot of panic (you know me) until I realised I'd put them in the recycling bin and had to go through it - yuck.
Yesterday, I managed to phone a colleague and ramble on for a good 10 minutes before she had the chance to explain to me that she wasn't fully up to speed as her mum had died in the night and then said not to worry as I wouldn't have known. Bah my timing, as always, is impeccable.
I left my wallet at the office which I didn't realise until I was at the station attempting to buy a train ticket into London to go and see Seth Lakeman gig. I drove back to work and arrived just before 8pm. The gates were all locked up and I had to ask the security guard to open the building which was really embarrassing. He had to write my name down in a book and state why as it was after hours.
Today had its classic moments as well. I rushed down to the station first thing in order to catch a train into London for a work meeting. I decided to park my car in Reading Station rather than relying on the crappy Burghfield bus so that I could get back to work quicker once I got back. I wasn't concentrating as I went through the car park barrier and was very concerned when it spat out a plastic yellow coin. After wandering around the car park looking for some help, I phoned the car park company only to be informed that the yellow coin was the ticket. Being totally thick I actually asked the guy on the phone if he was sure and he didn't sound too impressed!
I then managed to sit through the entire meeting without anyone pointing out that I had black pen all over my bottom lip (I looked like I'd been eating coal).
After the meeting, I got back to Reading without too much incident. However, I decided to be organised and return my library books. I really should wear my glasses more often. I walked across the road to Caversham library attempting to balancing all my books and wondering why people were looking at me weirdly as I rocked up to the door. After spending about 5 minutes yanking on the door, a kind passer-by pointed out that the library was shut.
I think the above is indicative of an impending meltdown - something inside my brain is starting to disintegrate causing me to become idiotic and potentially completely ga-ga.
Off to Llandudno tomorrow for the Welsh Labour Party conference - which is going to be completely dull. It doesn't finish until Saturday which is rubbish as one of my oldest friends is having a house warming Saturday evening but conference doesn't finish until 5pm and the train takes like a bazillion hours so won't get back in time.
Bah humbug.
Wednesday, 21 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment